PET’S NAME: Unknown BREED: Labrador Retriever COLOR: Chocolate SEX: Male AGE: Unknown SPAYED/NEUTERED: Unaltered OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: DATE LOST: May 22, 2013 L [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Unknown BREED: Husky & Mixed Breed COLOR: Husky is black, white & tan. Mixed breed is white. SEX: Female AGE: Adult SPAYED/NEUTERED: Unknown [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Unknown BREED: Boston Terrier COLOR: Black & white SEX: Female AGE: Older SPAYED/NEUTERED: Spayed OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: DATE LOST: May 21, 2013 [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Mona BREED: Cat COLOR: White SEX: Female AGE: 2 years SPAYED/NEUTERED: Spayed OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: Declawed DATE LOST: May 15, 2013 LOCATION: Santa [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Rex BREED: Husky/Border Collie Mix COLOR: Black, white & tan SEX: Male AGE: 1 year 5 months SPAYED/NEUTERED: Unaltered OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: DAT [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Unknown BREED: Lab Mix? COLOR: SEX: Male AGE: Young SPAYED/NEUTERED: Unknown OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: DATE LOST: May 20, 2013 LOCATION: The Bluffs, As [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Unknown BREED: Boxer/Pitbull Mix? COLOR: Reddish brown SEX: Male AGE: Unknown SPAYED/NEUTERED: Unknown OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: DATE LOST: May 20, 2013 [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Daisy BREED: Tabby Cat COLOR: Orange & white tabby SEX: Female AGE: 3 years SPAYED/NEUTERED: Spayed OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: Patch of hair missing on [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: Ellie BREED: Cocker Spaniel COLOR: cream colored SEX: female AGE: Adult SPAYED/NEUTERED: OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: DATE LOST: May 15, 2013 LOCATION: Dri [...]Read more
PET’S NAME: BREED: Bulldog COLOR: White w/black spots SEX: Female AGE: Puppy SPAYED/NEUTERED: Unaltered OTHER IDENTIFYING MARKS: DATE LOST: May 12, 2013 LOCATION: [...]Read more
To report a lost or found pet, please click on Submissions.
Postings will be kept online for at least 90 days. To notify us that your pet has returned home, or to request your posting be kept past the customary 90 days, please use the same link and notify us in the Comment section that the pet has been returned home.
HelpMeGetHome.com is a free service provided by Concho Valley P.A.W.S., a non-profit program dedicated to spay and neuter programs and rescue and adoption services. The website is sponsored and updated by Posh Pooch Grooming at no cost. We do not provide animal control services for San Angelo and we do not operate the San Angelo Animal Shelter. P.A.W.S. is an animal welfare group operated independently of the city and is funded solely by donations and grants.
Concho Valley P.A.W.S.
4001 Sunset Dr., Suite 1072
San Angelo, TX 76904
(325) 656-PETS (7387)
What you need to know about San Angelo Animal Shelters Policies on housing lost animals:
The San Angelo Animal Shelter is a government entity and is operated and funded by the city of San Angelo. When a stray pet arrives at San Angelo Animal Shelter it is processed and examined, treated for fleas and ticks and placed in a kennel for the public to view. Stray animals are allowed 3 days for identification by owners. If a pet is not identified, the animal is made available for adoption or euthanized. If you have had an animal in your possession for three days, you are legally considered the owner of that animal. If an "owned animal" is taken to the shelter it may be euthanized immediately if space does not permit it to be made available for adoption. The city's animal shelter euthanizes over 9,000 animals annually.
The shelter is open M-F 10:00 am-5:00 pm and Saturdays 9am-12pm.
- Visit your local animal shelter every day and ask to see the animals in processing, as well as in the kennels. Do not call and ask about a pet. Chances are the staff working the phones have no idea what has been brought in and they will not walk the kennels to look. In addition, the shelter may identify the pet as a different breed from what you refer to it as. No one can identify a pet like it's owner.
- Put an ad in your local newspaper. Most publications offer Lost & Found Pet ads for free, or at a reduced cost.
- Print flyers and post them in the area where the pet was lost (if your local law allows). Make sure to include a photo of your pet and phone number where they can reach you.
- Search your neighborhood thoroughly and often. Ask neighbors if they have seen your pet.
- Make sure your pet is microchipped and wearing a collar with tags containing current contact information!